Wednesday, October 27, 2004

How to finish a customer as quickly as possible

my colleague is sitting on the desk next to me. he has recently been made a "level 2" support technician, which means he's not on the phone anymore. "I worked for three years in this callcenter, now finally I don't have to answer the phone anymore." He's a master in getting rid of customers quickly (and level 1 support who have questions for him). To him the customers are a bunch of fuckwits and a general nuisance. His rhetorical tactics are easy: Find some small irrelevant point, which has been left unclear, and demand unrealistic efforts from the customer / level 1 tech to make that point clear, so that most of the time they give up from frustration and find some other way which is not involving the support hotline. The funniest thing about it is how coming from different backgrounds (swiss and scottish parents) he combines swiss courtesy and integrity with scottish bold- and recklessness. I think he has a steely cold hate for the customer.
A typical conversation between Anjali, a gentle Italian Tech 1 girl, and Calum:
"Excuse me, Calum, this customer has a problem where SuckerGraph will crash when printing."
"Does the guy have a postscript printer?"
"Yes, I think so."
"How sure are you the printer really is a postscript model?"
"The customer says it is."
"He's probably lying. Anyway. Get the type number of him and do a search on the web for the techspecs of that printer. Then you will probably find some known problems with FreeHand on that website."


1 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Hello friendly Blogers if you are thinking about stair runner and stair runner Ideas for Home Construction projects. If you own a home and need to work on stair runner then al I want to say is Yea.... I wood love to let you in on a secret about home repairs... People ask me all the time about stair runner and they want to know simple ways to solve ther problems ...well I have the answers and If you go to http://stairs444.com stair runner and go through the site you will find what you are looking for... what can I say butt get going ...

13 January 2006 at 07:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home